Given how expensive the Heathrow Express train service between Heathrow Airport and central London is, it is not surprising that a lot of people search for a Heathrow Express promo code before using it.
Although a number of Heathrow Express discount codes have come and gone over the years, there remains a solid bank of discount codes that remain valid as of late 2014, and may well be applicable to your journey (in some cases saving you a small fortune).
12% discount on any ticket combination – Mastercard holders only
Via this link, Mastercard holders can get 12% off any Heathrow Express ticket purchase until 31 December 2015. There is no need to actually use a Heathrow Express discount code, just click on the link.
Helpfully, you can combine this discount with the KIDSFREE12 discount code (see below), to get 12% off and free tickets for kids.
Two adults together – DUO12
Probably the most widely applicable Heathrow Express discount code is DUO12.
The DUO12 code basically means two adults can get a return at £25 each, rather than £34. That’s still pricey, but a substantial saving of £18 for the two returns (i.e. £50 instead of £68).
The obvious downside is it does mean you need to be travelling with another adult.
You simply need to enter the discount code DUO12 in the promotion code box when booking online.
- The same two adults must travel together at all times, in both directions
- Return ticket is valid for one month from the date of first scan
- Offer applies to Express Saver return tickets only
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discount
- Railcards cannot be used to purchase this offer
- Non refundable
- Not available for children
Travelling with kids? Consider KIDSFREE12
Given that the DUO12 Heathrow Express discount code is not combinable with another offer, and depending on how many children you are travelling with (if any), you may wish to instead use the Kids Go Free code, which permits two kids to go free with every paying adult.
To book Kids Go Free tickets, you simply enter the Heathrow Express discount code KIDSFREE12 in the promotion code box.
If you have kids and are not sure which discount code to use, the basic maths on a group of return tickets is as follows:
|Travellers||Total cost with Duo Saver (return)||Total cost with Kids Go Free (return)||Code to use|
|2 adults 0 children||£50||£68||DUO12|
|2 adults 1 child||£67||£68||DUO12|
|2 adults 2 children||£84||£68||KIDSFREE12|
|2 adults 3 children||£101||£68||KIDSFREE12|
|2 adults 4 children||£118||£68||KIDSFREE12|
Remarkably, as you can see, you can save as much as an additional £50 by simply using the right code (and you of course need to specifically do this – Heathrow Express will not automatically apply a better value code for you).
Three adults together – 3RDOFF
Alternatively, if you’re a group of adults, the Group Saver offer saves you 1/3 when 3 or more adults travel together. Simply use the code 3RDOFF.
£6/£5 off – OFFER15
The OFFER15 discount code will get you £6 off a single ticket, and £5 off a return, taking them down to a slightly more modest £15 single and £29 return.
To benefit from the reduced fare, you can book here using the promo code. However, there are certain conditions, as follows:
- You need to purchase at least 7 days in advance of travel.
- The number of tickets available at these promotional rates is restricted to 500 journeys available to purchase each day (a return ticket comprises two journeys). The tickets at the promotional rates will be available for sale from 0.01am UK time until the 500 allocated journeys have been sold.
- Promotional rate tickets are restricted to 2 tickets per person only. This restriction is applied to email address and credit card payment.
- Perhaps most crucially, this offer ends on 30 November 2014, although you can buy tickets for travel up to 3 months from this date.
These offer 12 tickets for the price of 9, taking the cost per journey (one-way, not return) to £15.75.
Finally, you can also get a discount (usually 34%) with a railcard (National Railcard, 16-25 Railcard, TFL Annual Gold Card, Senior Railcard etc) or even an ISIC student card.
Away from the Heathrow Express discount code option, Heathrow Connect from Paddington is also an option. If you are flying from Terminal 1-3, it is a direct (albeit stopping) service. You need to change trains for Terminals 4 and 5. At £9.10 for a one-way ticket, it is much cheaper.
You can of course also get the tube to Heathrow (for around £5 from central London).