Every Wednesday at 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels across the globe, that can be booked up until the Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit from the additional saving.
The full list of currently discounted “hot escape” properties is available here. Highlights include:
- Le Royal Méridien Beach Resort & Spa, Dubai, at €150 per night
- Sheraton Heathrow Hotel at €51 per night
- Four Points by Sheraton Munich Central at €68 per night
- Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Amsterdam at €197 per night
- The Westin Warsaw at €44 per night
- Sheraton Krakow Hotel at €69 per night
- W St. Petersburg at €82 per night
- Sheraton Fiji Resort at €62 per night
- Le Royal Méridien Shanghai at €107 per night
Hot Escapes is one of the very best Starwood hotel deals. Clearly, however, just how useful Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary, it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Hot Escapes, you would be nothing short of crazy to not first sign up to SPG.