Every Wednesday by 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates across the globe, that can be booked up until the Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit from the additional saving.
The full list of (today’s) currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here. It varies, but this time round there’s a decent sprinkling of US properties in there.
Highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- Sheraton Heathrow (UK) at €47 per night (it’s ok, really)
- Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel (Czech Republic) at €60 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Munich Olympiapark (Germany) at €60 a night
- Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel (Bulgaria) at €60 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Munich Central (Germany) at €67 a night
- Le Méridien N’Fis, Marrakech (Morocco) at €72 a night
- Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center (Netherlands) at €91 a night
- Westin Dragonara (Malta)
- Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh (UK) at €144 a night
- Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas (Thailand) at €150 a night
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown is also available, at €72 a night:
Clearly, just how useful Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary, it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world. Starwood Hotels rates rarely go lower than the Hot Escapes price.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.