It’s that time of the week again. Every Wednesday by 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates worldwide. You can book up until Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit instantly from the additional saving.
The full list of today’s currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here. You’ll note there’s a heavy focus on US and Asia Pacific properties, although there is a sprinkling of European properties, including three in the UK.
Some highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- Sheraton Heathrow Hotel (UK) at €49 a night
- The Westin Bristol Place Toronto Airport (Canada) at €53 a night
- Aloft Panama at €60 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport (USA) at €63 a night
- Sheraton Bloomington Hotel, Minneapolis (USA) at €67 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15 (Thailand) at €78 a night
- The Westin Grand Munich at €80 a night
- Aloft London Excel (UK) at €83 a night
- W Chicago – Lakeshore (USA) at €87 a night
- Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa (Spain) at €98 a night
- Sheraton Chongqing Hotel (China) at €98 a night (combinable with Finnair’s amazing ongoing Business Class sale to Chongqing)
- Le Méridien Cyberport (Hong Kong) at €112 a night
- Le Méridien Barcelona (Spain) at €143 a night
- The St. Regis Beijing (China) at €157 a night
- The St. Regis Chengdu (China) at €166 a night
- Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers at €192 a night
- Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai (UAE) at €193 a night
- The Westin Singapore at €193 a night
- W Retreat Koh Samui (Thailand) at €479 a night
Note that although we put Euro prices above, you can convert to various currencies (including US$) on the SPG Hot Escapes homepage.
Clearly, just how useful Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary (it is of course available at the various Starwood Hotel brands), it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world. Starwood Hotels rates rarely go lower than the Hot Escapes price.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.