With the long Santa Maria weekend coming up, it’s a traditional time for the Maltese to have their summer break. The problem with this, of course, is that flights out of Malta are often fully booked, Gozo hotels are full, and – where anything’s available – prices are sky high.
With that in mind, we did a bit of research (in fact, we trawled the internet) for some last minute deals available to those who fancied some time away, but hadn’t quite got around to organising anything.
Needless to say, the result was a series of sold out or sky high priced flights. However, there were a few notable exceptions.
The top results are as follows:
- Munich (Lufthansa) – €228 (1 seat remaining, then it’s €253)
- Paris Orly (Transavia) – €280 (hand luggage only)
- Milan Bergamo (Ryanair)- €238
- Stockholm Skavsta (Ryanair) – €260
(All the above prices are for return tickets, departing on 15 August, returning on 18 August)
So if you haven’t yet booked anywhere for this Thursday – don’t despair. There are still some deals out there, and we hope the above highlighted ones may be of some use.
Finally, outside of Santa Maria and for the more adventurous traveller, it’s well worth highlighting the following offer:
- Malta-Tokyo Narita (Turkish Airlines) – €591. Book by 31 August 2013, travel between 4 November 13 and 31 March 2014.
And of course a very happy Santa Maria to all Maltapoints readers.