Hilton HHonors Gold status has long been used by the Maltapoints team to get some excellent benefits on Hilton stays.
The perks include:
- a free breakfast (so you can book the much cheaper “no breakfast” rates)
- a room upgrade pretty much every time you stay
- upgrade to executive lounge access on most stays, even where you’re not upgraded to an executive room
- free internet
- free bottled water
- 25% bonus on HHonors points
- late check out (they have often let me stay as late as 3pm on checkout day)
Gold status normally requires you to stay a vast number of nights at Hilton properties in just a year. However, courtesy of Milepoint.com, you can currently get Gold status until Feb 2015 for just $49.99 (€37). To do so, you simply need to join Milepoint premium, which you can do by clicking here.
You will note that there are a number of additional benefits, which are worth having a look at, but in short the Hilton Gold upgrade is well worth the €37 subscription. You are likely to save substantially more than that on just one night at the Hilton Malta, for example.