Via Traveltoday*, you can currently book the “Couple’s Escape” package at the excellent Kempinski Gozo for a very reasonable €250 for two people/two nights (down from €338, so a saving of €44 a night).
Plus, if you sign up to GHA, the Kempinski’s frequent traveller programme, you will also earn miles on your stay (including 500 Avios or 500 Miles&More miles). The full list of miles partners is here.
The package consists of:
- 2 nights for 2 people in a Deluxe Pool View Room
- “Sumptuous” Buffet Breakfast
- 30 min ‘Treat for Two’ Couple’s Massage (the Kempinski website says it’s 45 minutes – I’m not sure who is right, or whether you lose 15 minutes with this deal!)
- 1x Rasul Body Exfoliation per person
- Free use of the 3 outdoor (good luck with that in February…) & 2 heated indoor pools, jacuzzi, hammam (Turkish steam bath), gym & work out room, tennis & squash courts and yoga lessons (available 5 days a week)
I found the Kempinski Gozo a very pleasant 5 star hotel. Set in a quiet part of (quiet) Gozo, it has well appointed rooms, friendly staff and an absolutely cracking breakfast. It’s not relevant to the “Couple’s Escape” package, obviously, but they were also incredibly good with my toddler.
Key terms are as follows:
- Book in the next seven days (via Traveltoday)
- Stay in Jan or Feb 2014 (so it includes the Valentines Day weekend)
Before you get too carried away with this deal, it is worth mentioning that Agoda*can do some spectacularly low rates on the Kempinski Gozo. As things stand, for example, it is offering the cheapest room (for two) in Jan/Feb at €88.32 a night, while the “Deluxe room” (per the “Couple’s Escape” package), is €96.73 a night – all rates inclusive of breakfast.
*Maltapoints is in no way affiliated to Traveltoday, nor does it benefit in any way if you book with them (other than the warm glow of getting you a decent deal).