Every Wednesday by 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its SPG “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels across the globe, that can be booked up until the Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit from the additional saving.
The full list of (today’s) currently discounted “hot escape” properties is available here.
- Le Méridien Munich at €122 per night
- Le Méridien Hamburg at €114 per night
- Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler at €80 per night
- Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel at €97 per night
- Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers at €75 per night
- The Westin Warsaw at €43 per night
- Sheraton Krakow Hotel at €69 per night
- Aloft Brussels Schuman at €62 per night
- Sheraton Heathrow Hotel at €51 per night
- Le Méridien Abu Dhabi at €68 per night
Clearly, just how useful Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary, it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Hot Escapes, you would be nothing short of crazy to not first sign up to SPG.