Every Wednesday by 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels across the globe, that can be booked up until the Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit from the additional saving.
The full list of (today’s) currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here.
Highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- Westin Warsaw (Poland) at €35 per night
- Sheraton Warsaw (Poland) at €46 per night
- Sheraton Heathrow (UK) at €51 per night
- Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre (Canada) at €51 per night
- Aloft Liverpool (UK) at €53 per night
- The St. Regis Osaka (Japan) at €100 per night
- Le Meridien, Barcelona (Spain) at €127 per night
- The St. Regis Abu Dhabi (UAE) at €135 per night
- Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Amsterdam (Netherlands) at €205 per night
- The Westin Excelsior, Florence (Italy) at €244 per night
Clearly, just how useful Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary, it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.