It’s that time of the week again. Every Wednesday by 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates worldwide. You can book up until Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit instantly from the additional saving.
The full list of today’s currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here.
Some highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- Four Points by Sheraton Penang (Malaysia) at €47 a night
- Aloft Liverpool (UK) at €53 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Brussels (Belgium) at €56 a night
- Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Sofia (Bulgaria) at €57 a night
- The Westin Minneapolis (USA) at €62 a night
- Sheraton Krakow Hotel (Poland) at €73 a night (a really excellent hotel, at a great price)
- Sheraton Roma Hotel & Conference Center (Italy) at €74 a night
- Le Méridien Munich (Germany) at €96 a night
- Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers (UAE) at €98 a night
- The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali (Indonesia) at €109 a night
- The St. Regis Venice San Clemente Palace (Italy) at €348 a night
Note that although we put Euro prices above, you can convert to various currencies (including US$) on the SPG Hot Escapes homepage.
Clearly, just how useful Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary (it is of course available at the various Starwood Hotel brands), it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world. Starwood Hotels rates rarely go lower than the Hot Escapes price.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.