Every Wednesday by 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels across the globe, that can be booked up until the Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit from the additional saving.
The full list of (today’s) currently discounted “hot escape” properties is available here.
- St Regis, Florence at €298 per night*
- Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort at €169 per night
- Sheraton Dubai Creek at €127 per night
- Westin Dragonara, Malta at €107 per night
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, Bangkok at €98 per night
- Aloft London Excel at at €89 per night
- Sheraton Krakow at €82 per night
- Sheraton Heathrow Hotel at €62 per night
- Le Méridien Chiang Rai Resort, Thailand at €59 per night
- Sheraton Warsaw at €56 per night
Clearly, just how useful Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary, it is often a great way to maximise your Starwood rewards and secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Hot Escapes, you would be nothing short of crazy to not first sign up to SPG and get the full range of Starwood rewards.
*Yes, not cheap we appreciate, but this is a saving of over €250 per night, and the St Regis Florence is absolutely fantastic.