Every Wednesday by 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates across the globe, that can be booked up until the Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit from the additional saving.
The full list of (today’s) currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here. Interestingly, there are substantially more US hotels available than usual (28 in total, starting at €54 (US$64).
Highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- The Westin Warsaw (Poland) at €35 per night
- Sheraton Heathrow (UK) at €51 per night (come on, it’s not that bad)
- Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 (Thailand) at €58 per night
- Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel (Czech Republic) at €67 per night
- Le Méridien Abu Dhabi (UAE) at €91 per night
- Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa (Thailand) at €98 per night
- The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali (Indonesia) at €100 per night
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok (Thailand) at €100 per night
- The St. Regis Osaka (Japan) at €103 per night
- Le Royal Méridien Shanghai (China) at €112 per night
- Sheraton New Orleans Hotel (US) at €119 per night
- W New York – Times Square (US) at €134 per night
- Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai (UAE) at €147 per night
- Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Amsterdam (Netherlands) at €205 per night
Clearly, just how useful Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary, it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world. Starwood Hotels rates rarely go lower than the Hot Escapes price.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.