To celebrate Singapore’s 50th birthday this year, Singapore Airlines are offering a “Singapore Stopover Holiday” at a promotional price of just £1/$1 per person.
In Singapore Airline’s own words, “this exclusive offer includes a choice of accommodation from over 20 hotels, return airport transfers, admission to over 15 top tourist attractions (worth up to S$555), and much more“.
This offer applies to flights purchased up to 28 February 2015, for travel up to 15 June 2015.
The full benefits of the £1/$1 Singapore Stopover Holiday are as follows:
- a choice of accommodation from over 20 hotels
- 50% discount on the a la carte food menu (only at designated food outlets at the passenger’s hotel),
- return airport transfers
- unlimited rides on the SIA Hop-on Bus; and
- admission to over 15 top tourist attractions.
Full booking information is available here. For an idiot’s guide to booking, have a look at the “walk-through” of the booking process, here. Key points to note are that you need to be in Singapore for at least 24 hours, and the deal applies to twin or triple rooms only.
Note that you can also take advantage of this offer even if you have already booked your flight, via the “Manage Booking” function on the Singapore Airlines website.
- The sales & travel periods noted above will differ for Australia and New Zealand. If you’re flying to either of these destinations and fancy the stopover, it seems you need to see what is available (if anything) when you book, although they may be some more formal timings somewhere, I cannot find them.
- Not applicable for bookings originating from China and Japan.