Every Wednesday by 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates across the globe, that can be booked up until the Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit instantly from the additional saving.
The full list of today’s currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here. Following last week’s small selection, I’m pleased to say there’s a much wider range available including a number of European and US hotels.
Some highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons (Slovenia) at €43 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Brussels (Belgium) at €44 a night
- The Westin Bristol Place Toronto Airport (Canada) at €51 a night
- The Westin Washington Dulles Airport (USA) at €57 a night
- Le Méridien Lav, Split (Croatia) at €67 a night
- Sheraton Krakow Hotel (Poland) at €70 a night
- Le Méridien Chiang Mai (Thailand) at €76 a night
- The Westin Alexandria (USA) at €84 a night
- Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow (UK) at €92 a night
- Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers (UAE) at €101 a night
- The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali at €105 a night
- Le Méridien Munich (Germany) at €113 a night
- Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Mallorca (Spain) at €131 a night
Clearly, just how useful Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary (it is of course available at the various Starwood Hotel brands), it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world. Starwood Hotels rates rarely go lower than the Hot Escapes price.
It really is bargain hotel Wednesday today – we will shortly be bringing you full details of IHG’s latest PointBreaks offers, where you can stay at 150 global IHG properties for just 5,000 IHG Rewards points a night.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.