It’s that time of the week again. Every Wednesday by 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates worldwide. You can book up until Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit instantly from the additional saving.
The full list of today’s currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here. Asia Pacific takes a front seat this week, with 39 hotels discounted.
Some highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- Four Points by Sheraton Kuching (Malaysia) at €37 a night
- Aloft Liverpool (UK) at €53 a night
- Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel (Canada) at €56 a night
- Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Sofia (Bulgaria) at €57 a night
- Sheraton Krakow Hotel (Poland) at €75 a night
- The Westin Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) at €80 a night
- Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel (Belgium) at €84 a night
- Sheraton Mendoza Hotel (Argentina) at €84 a night
- The Westin Tampa Bay (USA) at €98 a night
- Le Méridien Jakarta (Indonesia) at €98 a night
- The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali (Indonesia) at €110 a night
- Aloft Tampa Downtown (USA) at €111 a night
- Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa Gold Coast (Australia) at €115 a night
- Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok (Thailand) at €121 a night
- The Westin Valencia (Spain) at €121 a night
- Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh (UK) at €133 a night
- The St. Regis Abu Dhabi (UAE) at €135 a night
- Sheraton Melbourne Hotel (Australia) at €136 a night
- Le Méridien Saigon (Vietnam) at €139 a night
- Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas (Thailand) at €161 a night
Note that although we put Euro prices above, you can convert to various currencies (including US$) on the SPG Hot Escapes homepage.
Clearly, just how useful Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary (it is of course available at the various Starwood Hotel brands), it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world. Starwood Hotels rates rarely go lower than the Hot Escapes price.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.