It’s Hot Escapes Wednesday again. Every week by 11.00 am GMT on Wednesdays, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates worldwide. You can book up until Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit instantly from the additional saving.
The full list of today’s currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here. The main focus this week is Asia Pacific (17 hotels reduced) and North America (21 hotels reduced), although there are 11 hotels reduced in Europe, including 4 in the UK.
Of particular interest to some, a number of low-coats US options are available this week, with prices starting at just €60/US$62 a night, and 10 hotels available at $80- or less a night.
Some highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Sofia (Bulgaria) at €57 a night
- Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria (USA) at €60 a night
- The Westin New Orleans Canal Place (USA) at €61 a night
- The Westin Atlanta Airport (USA) at €67 a night
- Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) at €69 a night
- Le Méridien Abu Dhabi (UAE) at €74 a night
- The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket (Thailand) at €74 a night
- Sheraton Panama Hotel & Convention Center at €77 a night
- Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel (Balgium) at €87 a night
- The Westin Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) at €91 a night
- Aloft London Excel (UK) at €92 a night
- The Westin Tampa Bay (USA) at €94 a night
- The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi (Malaysia) at €108 a night
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel (USA) at €119 a night
- The Westin Valencia (Spain) at €121 a night
- The Westin Grand Frankfurt (Germany) at €128 a night
- Le Méridien Piccadilly (UK) at €246 a night
Note that although we put Euro prices above, you can convert to various currencies (including US$) on the SPG Hot Escapes homepage.
Clearly, just how useful Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary (it is of course available at the various Starwood Hotel brands), it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world. Starwood Hotels rates rarely go lower than the Hot Escapes price.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.