It’s Hot Escapes Wednesday again. Every week by 11.00 am GMT on Wednesdays, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates worldwide. You can book up until Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit instantly from the additional saving.
The full list of today’s currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here. The main focus this week is Asia Pacific (22 hotels reduced) and North America (20 hotels reduced), with just 5 hotels discounted in Europe (although one is the quite fantastic Prince de Galles, Paris, at 20% off).
Some highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- Le Méridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa (Egypt) at $53 a night
- Sheraton Houston West Hotel (USA) at $69 a night
- Aloft Panama at $72 a night
- Sheraton Bloomington Hotel, Minneapolis (USA) at $72 a night
- Sheraton Brussels Hotel (Belgium) at $79 a night
- Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central at $109 a night
- Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort (Indonesia) at $119 a night
- Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok (Thailand) at $121 a night
- Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa (Thailand) at $139 a night
- Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel (South Korea) at $146 a night
- Sheraton Towers Singapore at $154 a night
- The St. Regis Osaka (Japan) at $167 a night
- Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas (Thailand) at $169 a night
- The St. Regis Beijing (China) at $184 a night
- Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers at $206 a night
- Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Paris (France) at $500 a night
Note that although we put US dollar prices above, you can convert to various currencies (including Euros) on the SPG Hot Escapes homepage.
Clearly, just how useful Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary (it is of course available at the various Starwood Hotel brands), it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world. Starwood Hotels rates rarely go lower than the Hot Escapes price.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.