It’s Hot Escapes Wednesday again. Every week by 11.00 am GMT on Wednesdays, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates worldwide. You can book up until Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit instantly from the additional saving.
The full list of today’s currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here. The main focus this week is North America (33 hotels reduced) and Asia Pacific (27 hotels reduced, including a good spread in Australia).
Some highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai (UAE) at $52 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Houston, City Centre (USA) at $60 a night
- Le Méridien Abu Dhabi (UAE) at $64 a night
- The Westin Washington Dulles Airport (USA) at $65 a night
- Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria (USA) at $74 a night
- Sheraton Heathrow Hotel (UK) at $77 a night
- Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers (UAE) at $78 a night
- Le Méridien N’Fis (Morocco) at $82 a night
- The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket (Thailand) at $82 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Perth (Australia) at $84 a night
- Aloft London Excel (UK) at $88 a night
- Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel (Belgium) at $99 a night
- Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel (Thailand) at $116 a night
- W Chicago – Lakeshore (USA) at $120 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour (Australia) at $120 a night
- Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa Gold Coast Gold Coast, Queensland (Australia) at $127 a night
- The Westin Valencia (Spain) at $135 a night
- Le Méridien Etoile, Paris (France) at $160 a night
- Vana Belle, a Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui (Thailand) at $281 a night
Note that although we put US dollar prices above, you can convert to various currencies (including Euros) on the SPG Hot Escapes homepage.
Clearly, just how useful Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary (it is of course available at the various Starwood Hotel brands), it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world. Starwood Hotels rates rarely go lower than the Hot Escapes price.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.