I am sometime astonished by how well hidden certain KMiles earning methods are.
A very good example of this is the ability to earn KMiles by shopping at the Carrefour franchise supermarkets in Malta, by exchanging your GS loyalty card points for KMiles.
This is not advertised anywhere on the Air Malta Flypass website, and merits just a small mention in the Carrefour GS Points catalogue.
Carrefour franchise supermarkets are as follows:
– GS Superstore, Naxxar
– Lasco Supermarket, Zejtun
– Shoppers Discount Supermarket, Mellieha
– Shopwise Discount Store, Qormi
– Park Towers Supermarket, St Julians
– Tower Supermarket, Sliema
– Park Towers Supermarket, Sta Venera
– Trolees Supermarket, Qawra
You earn 1 GS loyalty point for each €1 spent in supermarkets, with a bonus of 700 points if you spend over €100 in any one transaction.
GS loyalty points can then be exchanged for KMiles, at a rate of 1 KMiles for every 2 GS loyalty points.
Clearly this is a good additional points collection option, particularly as you can essentially “double dip” on points if you pay with a KMiles-earning credit card.