Every Wednesday by 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates across the globe, that can be booked up until the Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit instantly from the additional saving.
The full list of (today’s) currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here. At the time of writing, it’s quite a limited selection (a total of 28 properties): whether more hotels will be added later in the day I don’t know, but I will monitor.
Some highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- Four Points by Sheraton Munich Central (Germany) at €68 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East (US) at €73 a night
- The Westin Grand Munich (Germany) at €75 a night
- The St. Regis Beijing (China) at €128 a night (and don’t forget the potentially great value $4 a night suite offer at St Regis hotels)
- W Barcelona (Spain) at €135 a night
- Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas (Thailand) at €154 a night
- Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian (Spain) at €161 a night
- The St. Regis Osaka (Japan) at €199 a night (as above, don’t forget the potentially great value $4 a night suite offer at St Regis hotels)
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa at €398 a night
Clearly, just how useful Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary (it is of course available at the various Starwood Hotel brands), it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world. Starwood Hotels rates rarely go lower than the Hot Escapes price.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.