Every Wednesday by 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates across the globe, that can be booked up until the Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit instantly from the additional saving.
The full list of today’s currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here. While there’s a healthy spread of US and European hotels today, the primary focus is on Asia Pacific options.
Some highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- Four Points by Sheraton Oklahoma City Airport (USA) at €54 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Munich Olympiapark (Germany) at €60 a night
- Sheraton Brussels Hotel (Belgium) at €63 a night
- Le Méridien Abu Dhabi (UAE) at €74 a night
- The Westin Grand Munich (Germany) at €80 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane (Australia) at €80 a night
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok (Thailand) at €108 a night
- Sheraton Towers Singapore at €129 a night
- W Barcelona (Spain) at €143 a night
- Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh (UK) at €152 a night
- Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas (Thailand) at €158 a night
- Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre (France) at €161 a night
- The St. Regis Osaka (Japan) at €208 a night (and don’t forget the St Regis $4 suite offer)
Note that although we put Euro prices above, you can convert to various currencies on the SPG Hot Escapes homepage.
Clearly, just how useful Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary (it is of course available at the various Starwood Hotel brands), it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world. Starwood Hotels rates rarely go lower than the Hot Escapes price.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.