While we don’t like to push credit cards too hard on euflyer.com (we have a regularly updated, passive, page here), there is little doubt that they are one of the very best value ways of earning airline miles and hotel points.
In addition, there are currently some excellent deals out there, including:
- 22,000 bonus Membership Rewards points (convertible to 22,000+ air miles/hotel points in various schemes) with the Amex Gold charge card (first year free)
- 20,000 Emirates Skyward miles (a double miles bonus) with the Emirates Skywards Elite Credit Card Account (£150 a year)
- 10,000 Emirates Skyward miles (a double miles bonus) with the Emirates Skywards Credit Card Account (free)
- 60,000 IHG Rewards points (a triple points bonus) with the IHG Rewards Club Premium Visa (£99 a year)
- 30,000 IHG Rewards points (a triple points bonus) with the IHG Rewards Club Visa (free)
- A free weekend night, plus cashback, with the Hilton HHonors Platinum Visa (free)
There is also a 19,000 Avios bonus currently available with the BA Premium Plus Amex card (or 4,000 bonus Avios with the free standard card). However we recommend you put these applications on hold until the bonus rises again to 26,000/10,000, as it often does.
In light of the current deals available, we do suggest that you have a look at what is available, and what might suit you.
What is crucial is that you avoid getting into unnecessary debt on credit cards. I pay mine off in full every month and so incur no interest. Free or bonus miles and points are not “free” or “bonus” if you are paying high interest rates to earn them.