It’s that time of the week again. Every Wednesday by 11.00 am GMT, Starwood Hotels releases its “Hot Escapes” list: a selection of heavily discounted Starwood hotels rates worldwide. You can book up until Saturday, for stays within the next 6 weeks.
Importantly, you get an additional 5% off the already reduced rate if you are a member of SPG, Starwood Hotels’ loyalty programme. Given that this is free to join, everyone can benefit instantly from the additional saving.
The full list of today’s currently discounted SPG Hot Escapes properties is available here. There’s a big focus on Asia Pacific hotels this week with 34 hotels discounted, while Europe and North America have a more modest 11 reductions each. Intriguingly, also included is the St Regis in Lhasa, Tibet, at 20% off (€174 a night)
Some highlights include (with additional 5% discount applied):
- Le Méridien Fairway, Dubai (UAE) at €48 a night
- Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Sofia (Bulgaria) at €57 a night
- Four Points by Sheraton Bolzano (Italy) at €75 a night
- Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort (Thailand) at €76 a night
- The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket (Thailand) at €79 a night
- Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel (Belgium) at €88 a night
- Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers (UAE) at €91 a night
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali (Indonesia) at €102 a night
- The Westin Chongqing Liberation Square (China) at €125 a night. We mention this in particular, given your ability to combine it with Finnair’s amazingly priced Business Class flights to Chongqing
- The Westin Valencia (Spain) at €128 a night
- Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa (Australia) at €141 a night
- The St. Regis Lhasa Resort (Tibet) at €174 a night
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket (Thailand) at €256 a night
Note that although we put Euro prices above, you can convert to various currencies (including US$) on the SPG Hot Escapes homepage.
Clearly, just how useful Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes is to you will depend on your travel plans, but if you can afford to be flexible or it matches your itinerary (it is of course available at the various Starwood Hotel brands), it is often a great way to secure a very good value hotel stay in various parts of the world. Starwood Hotels rates rarely go lower than the Hot Escapes price.
In addition to the further 5% discount, SPG members will also earn Starpoints on their stays. If you intend to use Starwood Hotels Hot Escapes, you would be very well advised to first sign up to SPG.